Monday 22 August 2016

St. Elizabeth Roman Catholic Church

West of Gravelbourg, Saskatchewan on July 31, 2016 north of Highway 43.

The church is no longer in use and is locked. A quick look inside shows everything is intact. I was unable to get a photo of the interior.





I have always thought a simple cross said more.


"St. Elizabeth Roman Catholic Church Cemetery 1911 erected by the Glen Bain Historical Society."


I like unique markers. The bottom repeats the top.


A quick fix that I hope someone comes by with a more permanent solution.



I saw these all over southern Saskatchewan.

2 comments:

  1. Love the variety in this post. The church is beautiful, the difference in the markers is so interesting,...the tractor on Kolman's...very cool! There is something about a simple cross...understated is elegant.

    Who can resist Sunflowers? Not I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at the sheer number of abandoned buildings you find. We must have them here too, but I guess I never took notice of them. I have seen several old cemeteries like that one, but without a church nearby. Must be old family plots.

    ReplyDelete