Saturday 6 August 2016

Big Beaver

Big Beaver, Saskatchewan July 31, 2016. This is a small town not all that far from the American border. I had heard about this place and this was the only real destination on my recent road trip. 

The road into Big Beaver. You have to drive about a mile north off of Highway 18. You cannot see it from the highway.


This is just off the where the road curves to go into town.


The business district.


The general store. I think this might be the only business in town still operating.


Above the door "If we don't have it, you don't need it".


I got here on a Sunday and it was closed. This is a look inside the window. It is one of those general stores that carries everything. It reminds me of the general store that my grandmother worked in.


The other side of the main street.



People live here, no idea how many. It is a small town.


Like most small towns there used to be more here, a garage, cafe, and other businesses. Things faded away over time.


The only church that I saw has closed up shop.



2 comments:

  1. Wow. What a find. I love the store. I would give my left arm for one of those petrified licorice pipes they used to sell...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I recall that area was the Northern end of the famed "owlhoot" trail.

    ReplyDelete