Wednesday 28 September 2016

This one really has me intrigued

Stumbled across this on September 5, 2016. I am not going to say where it is because it is obvious that this place is meant to be private. It is easy to miss the gate as it is in a heavily treed spot. The grounds are behind a wall of trees.


It is some kind of Orthodox order. I found out it was a monastery in the 1930's and became a convent. That is all I have been able to find out for now. There was "No Trespassing" signs all over and a sign saying there is video surveillance. What photos I did get are from the road. I messaged a contact who researches and writes articles on places like this to see what he can find out. I would love to visit the grounds.


This church really intrigues me. This is as close of a photo as I could get.


There are some other abandoned buildings in the trees. This place might have been fairly busy at one time. I am trying to find out more about it.


2 comments: