Thursday 8 September 2016

One tower, four views

I was out exploring on August 28, 2016 and avoiding some responsibilities at the same time. I was on Range Road 193 which turns into Roper Road as it descends into Rosedale, Alberta. I had never been on this road before and caught sight of part of the remains of the old Rosedale Coal Mine. The road does a few twists and turns and I got multiple photos from different perspectives of the same subject. So I decided to post them all.

Rosedale is in the background of this one looking south.



This should be looking northwest.


This should be due north.

3 comments:

  1. Great photographs, BW! The look like oil wells! There is no G/E street view, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Chickenmom.....Great photos. Reminds me of the old watch towers used for spotting forest fires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My granddad worked that mine When I visited him in the early 60's, there was the showers and offices on the town side. When you went across the bridge you were at the minesite. There was some track, the tipple and loading gear and the mine entrance,you could go in about 50 feet to where they closed it off. Everything was open and you could walk around. Was there in 1997 and the whole thing was sanitized. Everything was gone and they had signs up describing what used to be there. Haven't been back.

    ReplyDelete