Tuesday 19 July 2016

A post with no title

Sometime within the last week I got older, as in offically another year older. I figure that at this point I should be able to something I want so I spent the time on a short road trip to a few places that I have never been before.

A few thoughts. Learn to be comfortable doing things and figuring out stuff on your own. No matter how many people you know or friends you have there will be times when there is no one to depend on except yourself.

Take care of your responsibilities and your commitments. When those are out of the way remember to spend some time doing things for yourself. Most of the time the only one who is going to truly look out for you is you.

If you look after the small stuff the big stuff will usually look after itself. Someone wrote a book "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff". Life is largely small stuff. The small stuff is important and paying attention to detail is always important. The little things matter.

Have I learned different anything in the last year? Not really. I keep doing what I have largely done before. Do not be afraid to end bad relationships with friends or family. Be nice and polite within reason. Friends are important. Do not let others take advantage of you. Try new things, you might discover something interesting. Fight for what you believe is right but be prepared for the possible consequences. A lot of life is just showing up on time. Attitude matters. Sometimes things will not go your way and life is not fair. Be grateful when life is not fair in your favour.

Onward.

9 comments:

  1. Excellent advice. And a belated Happy Birthday.

    I have learned that as I grow older, there are those (particularly adult children) who will be opposed to one thing or another that I wish to do. I have learned to smile, nod in agreement, and then go ahead and do what I want anyway. Works pretty well so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a belated happy birthday. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All good advice! Especially the parts about life not being fair and looking out for yourself. Look out for others, too, but don't forget about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday BW! It is not how many days you have lived...but how well you have lived them...it is those little moments that make you smile or cry, or laugh out right that you will remember most. You have lived and loved and learned. Congratulations my friend!! I wish you many, many more HAPPY years ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday BW!!!

    I've arrived at many of the same conclusions you have... But I got there the hard way! Ride safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a couple of things I should have added. Topic for another day.

      Delete
  6. Happy, Happy Birthday, BW! Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. Thank you for sharing yours with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome. Words of a prophet. And Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete