Ankerton, Alberta is a sign.
This must be a homemade sign. It is all in capital letters with no punctuation or paragraph breaks. It reads:
"BUILT BY VIC CAMPBELL 1915 AS CAMPBELLTON SOLD TO G.H. LAURITZEN 1916 NAME CHANGED TO ANKERTON CHARLES + DORA SOLD THE STORE TO OLAF + MARGARET JORDE 1944 FROM 1968 - 1971 EINAR + BEV FOSSEN 56 YEARS"
There was not much in Ankerton, at one time only a general store, two grain elevators, and a couple of houses.