Thursday 9 November 2017

Striking out

Sometimes you go out to explore the countryside with the intent of taking a few photos and seeing what inspires you. November 5, 2017 was one of those days where none of the marbles seemed to drop into their proper holes and nothing of any consequence happened. There is a very picturesque windmill near Arrowwood, Alberta that I pulled over to take some photos to go with my set I had taken in the spring. Just as I pulled over a truck pulled ahead of me into the field, parked in front of the windmill, and a farm couple started pulling out tools and lumber to do some repairs.

The farmer noticed me at the side of the road and started walking towards me. He asked if I was lost. I mentioned I wanted a photo of his windmill. He offered to hop in his truck and move it so I could take a photo. I thanked him for the offer but I could not let him do that. I told him what he was doing was more important than what I was doing. There will be other days.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure your thoughtfulness will be remembered.

    ReplyDelete