Tuesday 2 May 2017

Sometimes you get the bear

There are many times I go out looking for wildlife and never see anything. There are rare times when an animal will just cross the road right in front of you. This was on Highway 93 just a few miles west of Highway 1 in Banff National Park, Alberta. By the time I parked on the side, hit the hazard lights, and grabbed my camera the bear was across the road. I jumped out of the car and got a few quick photos from about thirty feet away. This was on April 29, 2017.

Likely not one of my smarter moves. My reasoning is you do not often get to see a bear.




5 comments:

  1. That is a big fat bear. Good thing he was going away from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good pictures. Glad he was going away and not coming toward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if you got eaten up, at least they could make a movie about you. I just watched "Back Country" that was about a couple in a park in Canada. The bear yaffled up the guy but the woman only got severely mauled! We have bears here in North Georgia, but after seeing that movie I will give them a wider berth than previously. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in Northern British Columbia where I saw lots of bears. I am well aware how unpredictable they can be. I was close to the car when taking the photos.

      Delete