Thursday 25 May 2017

Low key software rant

I would like companies at one point to just leave their stuff alone. I work with a number of computer programs personally and at work and I am constantly getting updates. Prior versions are usually fine however there seems to be this need for companies to constantly screw with their product when it works well. Most of these changes are not beneficial.

Apple is really bad for this. They constantly badger me to update the software for my itunes, iphone, and ipad. You can only ignore them for so long before they almost start forcing you to update. Most of the time they are making it worse and adding stuff that I cannot get rid of and do not want. I used to love itunes. Now I tolerate it. I still hate Microsoft for the tabs in MS Office that they introduced years ago. I am not anti-technology. I am more of the school of thought that if something works reasonably well then leave it alone.

The programs I use for work just got a recent change. Now it takes longer for me to deal with clients as I am trying to figure out how to deal with the goofy changes. For example I cannot enter an address, I have to enter a postal code which then brings up an array of address associated with that code, then pick the address I want from a menu. It was faster the old way.

If it ain't broke . . .

1 comment: