This pump house was built in 1906. Built to provide water for horses that hauled grain to Girvin. It also supplied water for personal use. The tower part is a smaller version of the traditional railway water towers that were common across the prairies. The pump house was a later addition. Water filled a tank at the top of the tower. It fell out of use when horses were no longer the primary transportation for farms. It is on the register of historic places.
Visited August 11, 2017.