Tuesday 29 August 2017

. . . further road trip notes

The road trip from last weekend got cut short by a day. I do not really have a budget for these excursions, more like a guideline. Last Saturday from Pincher Creek, Alberta I ventured into Montana over the Going-To-The-Sun Road through Glacier National Park. It was a fantastic day to be out on a motorcycle. It was a bit less of a great day for taking photos due to the smokey haze from the forest fires in British Columbia and with no clouds in the sky it was too bright. Due to the exchange I ended up spending a bit more than I intended. After arriving in West Glacier I drove back along the southern boundary of the park to East Glacier, then to St. Mary's, then crossed the border at Carway, then through Cardston, Alberta on my way home. A long ride in one day.

Was it worth it? Definitely. I will plan better next time.

Cobbling this part of the trip into a post is a current work in progress and should appear at a future date.

No comments:

Post a Comment