Monday 29 June 2015

Approximately 1:00pm June 27, 2015 in Cochrane, AB

On that date and time I was on my motorcycle and I narrowly missed getting crushed against the railing on the Bow River bridge crossing northbound just south of Cochrane, AB. Still not exactly sure what happened. There was a four car chain reaction collision right in front of me. Both lanes of traffic were blocked when everything stopped. There were no serious injuries. I had just barely stopped, turned off the bike, and stripped off my helmet when four motorcyclists who were a few car lengths behind briskly walked up to me and exclaimed their amazement that I was not killed. They then went to take a look at my motorcycle and were equally amazed that I had no damage. Somehow I avoided everything. 

Looking northbound. The Volvo in the opposing lane was hit. 



That is my bike at the far right. 


The view from the north looking south. 



I managed to avoid getting hit by inches. Still not sure how I managed that. 



4 comments:

  1. Thank God you are OK!!! Being on a bike when that happens is just so frightening. Good that you were alert and turned, especially since that car in front of you spun around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was such heavy traffic that everyone was driving under the speed limit. I doubt we were going forty miles an hour.

      Delete
  2. You must be living life right. Buy a lottery ticket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually bought one right after this happened. I will have to check the numbers.

      Delete