Wednesday 24 May 2023

Back at work

Last weekend was a long weekend. Spent it wandering around the New Denver and Kaslo area in British Columbia walking into a old mine, cemetery, and a ghost town with a few diversions along the way.

Confirmed in am in lousy physical condition for long hikes and that I need to do something about. What I did do about it in the evenings on my trip was drink beer. Not the right answer but they have some damn good craft draught beer in the area. I tried a rhubarb beer on a whim called Rhubarbian that was very good. I would have loved to buy some but liquor stores in the area are government stores and were not open on Sunday and the holiday Monday. Every placed I dined at had excellent food. A return trip is warranted just for the beer. Had a friend from Calgary join me on the trip and the company was enjoyable.

Accomplished just about everything I wanted to do on my trip except see some bears. It is prime area to spot bears. Oddly the only wildlife I did see was a few deer.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good event for you. Personally I do not like how my body responds to alcohol so I quit drinking it about ten years ago.
    The results have been very positive. Now I use those calories for slices of pie. It has been a great trade off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhubarb beer? That's a new one. I think I prefer my rhubarb in the form of pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like my comment from yesterday disappeared into the ozone layer. Wonder if this one will as well....

    ReplyDelete