Wednesday 17 May 2023

Quick Wednesday post

Anthony Hill School is still standing and a little worse for wear. It is close to Usona, Alberta. Last Sunday I took mom for a drive and was trying to think of where to go. I decided to drive by and check on this place. I got a quick shot as it was hot out and mom has zero interest in my hobbies and cannot understand why I might be interested in an old school. With everything going on it is a little difficult to get out these days.

Things are looking up. As of 2:00pm yesterday the evacuation order was lifted for Drayton Valley and the residents were allowed to return home. I do not know when mom will be back as there is some work to do before the evacuated seniors can go back.



I might prefer it in black and white.

4 comments:

  1. B & Ws always have a drama unique to the format.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your Mom will be glad to be back in familiar surroundings again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. B &W sure is better for the sky as well as the building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting how the b& w version dramatically brings out the sky detail.

    ReplyDelete