The history of this church dates to the late 1890's when a group of settlers formed the first Ukrainian Catholic Parish in Alberta in 1897. The original church was completed in 1911 but unfortunately burned down in 1922. The present church was built in 1927 and contains some of the items saved from the 1922 fire. The stone belfry was built in 1949.
- Dale Redekopp