Tuesday 9 May 2023

Rain, glorious rain

Rained on and off Sunday, yesterday, and hopefully today in Drayton Valley, Alberta.

In this age of immediate information there is so little useful information. After you sort through the garbage and check what passes for news no one is allowed to return Drayton Valley and the nearby fire is still out of control.

Yesterday I visited mom at her temporary residence and bought her some clothes. My sister and I thought she had enough clothes with her. She had less than we thought after being evacuated. She now has enough to get her through the next week.

This too shall pass.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see your Mom is safe and well cared for.
    You are a bit more complimentary about the news systems than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's surprising that when they evacuated your Mom that they didn't see she had clothes with her, although I suppose if they were moving in a hurry perhaps they didn't have time.

    ReplyDelete