Tuesday 8 March 2022

Tuesday afternoon post

Unpleasant weather in my part of Alberta and beyond. Strong wind and blowing wet snow. Yesterday I went out to see a client after work and thought I could cut through the backroads home after dropping off some stuff. One gravel road was blocked by drifting snow. Tried another gravel road and ran up against the same thing. Those snow drifts are not as soft as they appear. I ended up backtracking the way I came back to the highway. The highway was covered with nasty sections of glare ice limiting speed to a crawl. I would have preferred to take the backroads home, snow and gravel makes for better traction.

People here have likely learned from the prior rounds of freezing rain and horrible road conditions earlier this winter. Instead of about ten cars in the ditch on the twenty kilometre drive home I only saw one last night.

2 comments:

  1. In like a lamb, out like a lion...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always a fan of the backroads too because most times there's better traction. And a whole lot less people taking a run at you too.

    ReplyDelete