Monday 18 January 2016

St. Henry's Roman Catholic Church 1907

Visited on January 9, 2016. Take Highway 6 south from Pincher Creek, Alberta, then east on Highway 505, then turn south onto Township Road 44. A few miles down this road and you will come across this church standing on top of a hill with a great view. This is no longer an active parish. The cemetery is still in use. The church is open by appointment.


There is a residence behind the church where someone lives. The church is a classic rural church on a hilltop. Once you know where it is you can see it from miles away. 


This is a great spot. Churches appeal to me and this one has a great setting. The cemetery is right behind the church.



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful spot. I bet you could have heard the church bell ring for miles around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When looking back at this post I find I am really happy with how the church photo turned out. Trudging through snow that was up to my knees was worth it.

      Delete
  2. For a guy on the texas gulf coast that is real prety. Cold though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I just happened to get there at the right time for a photo. Thanks for visiting the page.

      Delete