Monday 11 January 2016

Return to Twin Butte General Store

Kicking myself that I did not go here when this place was open. My prior visit was on New Year's Day so it was obviously going to be closed. I decided that I had to go back and did so on January 9, 2016. A friend of mine wanted to go to Waterton, Alberta so we both stopped here. It is worth driving close to three hours from where I live to get here. The food is that good.

For sort of being in the middle of nowhere this place was packed when we dropped in. You will wait a bit for your food. The wait is worth it.

The washroom doors are a little interesting. 



We had to settle for seating at the bar when we walked in. No tables were available. The kitchen is the size of a small walk-in closet.



This place has that "General Store" look to it. I should have bought a map like the one hanging on the wall. It gives me an excuse to go back. Not that I need one.


There really is a small post office inside. Not a lot of boxes.


Finally got a free table. Moved from the bar area to an empty table. I had the Pulled Pork and Pineapple Tacos. My friend had a loaded burger with a fried egg on it. I cannot stress how good the food was. This in on my list of places to definitely make a return trip. Great Mexican food in rural Southwestern Alberta. Who knew?


I haven't seen one of these in ages. Seriously though, if you find yourself anywhere near here, stop in. 


5 comments:

  1. What a neat place! Loved the old planes among the vintage bottles and the wood mosaics. Was the Coke machine working? Coke from a glass bottle always tasted the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember being able to reach up inside an identacle machine removing an ice cold Coke. A long time ago and I'm ashamed...............sorta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking of a road trip this spring, now I will go about 50 miles farther west. Instead of my original route.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It you are into this kind of thing I recommend stopping in. There is also a great old Catholic church and an old one room school nearby.

      Delete