Thursday 27 July 2023

Hearts of Oak School 1907 - 1957

Long abandoned stone one room school somewhere in the vicinity of Carlyle, Saskatchewan. The inside is not in great condition nor is the roof in good shape. The building though looks rock solid.

I had been after this one for a few years. The first time I was here the road had snowdrifts. The second time was in the spring and it had rained recently and the road was soft. This time I went in mid July and there was no damn snow or soft roads to worry about this time. This is one of my favourite one room schools to date.





4 comments:

  1. It’s beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stone coloration is gorgeous. All great photos, but I especially love the window in a window shot, it’s perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice photography there. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beauty! Really wish someone would see fit to fix the roof so it was protected.

    ReplyDelete