Monday 17 July 2023

A bit east of Shaunavon, Saskatchewan on Highway 13

Yesterday morning I was driving west towards Shaunavon and noticed a senior citizen parked just off the highway. Her and her husband were on their way home and they ran out of gas in their classic car just six miles from home. He was on his way with gas and she was there waiting for him. I was going ask if she needed some help but I could see everything was well in had.

The car is a 1932 Chev and is gorgeous. I asked if I could take some photos and talked to her until her husband showed up in his Dodge pickup. You do not see sights like this in very rural Saskatchewan. 




7 comments:

  1. Not many people could afford that car in the "dirty thirties" so it is even more special. Nice catch in the open field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see people out driving their classic cars. They look so much better on the road than in a garage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have ever seen a 1934 Chev - I guess my interest in cars started in the late 1940's and continued forward rather than older ones. That is beautiful. Do you know what the hood ornament / radiator cap is supposed to be? Looks like some kind of animal.

    Lar in Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Nice of you to stop to lend assistance if needed and to stick around until her husband returned. Bet they won't travel too far without a gas can from now on!

    ReplyDelete