Tuesday 8 June 2021

Souris Flat School 1920 - 1961

South of Carnduff, Saskatchewan on a very bright day. This one is only a few miles west of the Goschen School that was recently posted.

The farmer that gave me information on Goschen School gave me the location of this school. When I turned off on the east/west road south I was not sure if I was on the right road. I had to cross three Texas Gates to get to the school. The school is brick and it is intact. I did not venture inside as there was a danger sign posted inside the door.


There is a school marker beside the tree mounted to a rock.


This is a pasture for cattle so there watch where you step.






2 comments:

  1. I would guess that the smaller 'bump out' on the right would have houses the bathrooms - one for the girls and one for the boys. At least that's the way it was in one of the one-roomers I attended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Souris" is French for "mouse" and besides the cattle leavings there could be a lot of souris droppings in the area too. Could be why they used cement in the bottom.

    ReplyDelete