Saturday 7 August 2021

Quick take - Motherwell Homestead 1907

A National Historic Site of Canada located near Abernathy, Saskatchewan. I wanted to drive by the house just to see it. There are a number of interesting stone buildings in this part of Saskatchewan. It is in a park where there are agricultural buildings, a restaurant and employees that dress up like people in the early 1900’s which is not my thing. I prefer to run across places in the middle of nowhere where I do not have to pay to see them.

William Richard Motherwell was the first Agriculture Minister of Saskatchewan and was a federal Minister of Agriculture in the Canadian government.

5 comments:

  1. I agree. On the other hand, it is good that this beautiful old mansion is being maintained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a 20 hour drive from here, lot's of new country to see! But not this year....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! As I was scrolling down that was NOT what I was expecting to see! Talk about a mansion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting old house. Looks to withstand what ever mother nature throws at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice place..too bad there are people around. Best to see in the winter...n'est pas?

    ReplyDelete