Pheasant Forks was an agricultural colony formed by Methodist settlers from Yorkshire England and Ontario in 1882.
The two-room school was built in 1920 and is the third school to be built in the community. It was closed in 1947 due to declining enrolment.
The church was built in 1905 which replaced one built in 1883. Regular services ended in 1963.