Wednesday 29 January 2020

Hearts Hill elevator

Abandoned grain elevator south of Denzil, Saskatchewan. There is no town where this elevator sits. The elevator is abandoned and there used to be a rail line that ran through here.

I made a mad dash on January 25, 2020 to get here, it is about four hours from where I live. I made this a day trip. In the past I had driven on another road about a half a dozen times a few miles to the west of this and never knew this existed. Once I found out about it I had to see it. I believe it is referred to as the Hearts Hill elevator but I did not see a name on it anywhere. A great looking piece of prairie architecture. 

This will be a definite revisit in the summer months.





7 comments:

  1. That looks different, I don't recall seeing the over hangs (4 on the rectangular building) on other elevators you've had on your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I photographed this elevator in Jun, 2017. Only information I could find is that it is privately owned. My map shows that there was a community here at some pont.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's odd to see a Pioneer elevator painted that colour...definitely an old one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a classic elevator shape. It's odd to have two balloon annexes, one smaller than the other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another nice example - I like the wonderful weathered red colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will never forget this Elevator, i was covered in Ticks it was awful please be careful in May and june in this area or you will be sorry

    ReplyDelete