Saturday 27 January 2018

Muirhead

Out doing a little exploring west of Nanton, Alberta on January 7, 2018.  The sign needs a bit of care. It marks where Muirhead Post Office was from 1912 - 1951. You see quite a few of these style of markers in this part of Alberta. Usually they mark where a one room school once stood. This is the first Post Office marker of this style I have seen. At one time a post office was fairly important. Now I cannot remember the last time I was in one.


Futher down this road a building sits in a farmer's field.


This happens to be what remains of Muirhead School that operated from 1910 - 1948. Nothing is in the area now except for farms.


The school is definitely in rough shape. Glad I got to see it when I did.


2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, that old school is one big gust of wind away from falling down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat looking school, I wouldn't mind seeing that one. I better go soon!

    ReplyDelete