Wednesday 16 November 2016

Broncho School in very rural Saskatchewan

The fantasy and the reality of the hunt. I heard about this place from another blogger and then did a little reading on the internet. I was kind of excited to get here as I thought I would find an interesting abandoned place. When I got there on November 11, 2016 I found a sign saying where the school once stood and an empty field behind it. It is located on Range Road 2113 south of Highway 18 east of Val Marie, Saskatchewan. 


I drove a few miles down the road simply because you just might find something. This looks like it might be the old schoolhouse that I saw sitting on a farmer's land. It certainly looks like a schoolhouse. A quick glance did not confirm or deny it. It was common for old schools when they ceased operations to be moved to other locations to be put to a variety of uses. Not all expeditions are clear wins.


3 comments:

  1. Isn't finding something unexpected a few miles down the road nearly as much fun as finding the expected? I always liked to see what was on the other side of the next hill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought it couldn't be a school because there are not a lot of windows on one side ... then I realized that's where the blackboards would be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you went even if it wasn't as exciting as you'd hoped.

    ReplyDelete