Monday 22 April 2024

In a recent comment someone asked . . .

Why so much of what I photograph abandoned?

Simple. Abandoned places, churches, old schools, farm houses, ghost towns, and cemeteries are the subjects that most appeal to me. Not just any abandoned place, a lot of them are junk. It has to be interesting. I like visiting places that are off the main routes and take a bit of effort to get to. I like local history as well, a lot of places started and died off without much being known at all.

I like landscape shots and love waterfalls. I am always on the lookout for a good wildlife shot. I would love to get a good shot of a skunk. I admire people that can do great photos of people. Taking shots of people never seems to result in an image that I like. I am never happy with the result. 

5 comments:

  1. My sentiments exactly, only my medium is fabric and yours is photography. Pictures of people don't hold the same appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is beauty and truth in age and decay -- wabi sabi, as the Japanese call it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your commentary seems very reasonable to me. Keep on doing it your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your abandoned buildings,farms ,schools . Look at it and think What might have been

    ReplyDelete