Thursday 6 December 2018

Grace Church and Cemetery


Grace Church and Cemetery is located in the Goldstone area of Montana.  The cemetery has had recent burials but the original church is now gone.  In its place stands a steel framework in the shape of the historic church but smaller in scale.

This took me by surprise as I was expecting to find the original church. But . . . after walking through the cemetery for a short time my initial disappointment soon faded as I adopted the "new" church as the spirit of the old church.





The Sweet Grass Hills are to the west and this meadow-like spot simply felt warm and inviting.  All was well and good at Grace Church and Cemetery. 







- Michael Truman

3 comments:

  1. Very peaceful. I've only ever seen the Sweet Grass Hills from the Alberta side of the line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda like it, better than nothing there at all I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is located way out in the boonies and the "church" helps create quite a surreal landscape. A night visit would be both captivating and maybe a little bit frightening.

      Delete