Information on this church is from:
"Originally named St. Nicholas Anglican Church, it was constructed in 1900 about nine kilometres northeast of its present site. After many of the parishioners moved away, the church was dismantled and reconstructed in 1910-11 at its present location, and has remained in continual, although irregular, use. Since the 1980's, the tradition of providing a place for peaceful reflection has been extended beyond the Anglican community, as various prayer services have been conducted here by Boy Scouts, musical and prayer groups, and others.
The architecture of the property, which reflects Gothic Revival influences, and can be seen in the design of the pointed-arched windows, the steeply-pitched gabled roofs, the open-beam roof truss system, and the pointed arches in the chancel rail. The church entry is through a central bell tower, surmounted by a prominent spire – components also often found at prairie churches based on Gothic Revival architecture. Additionally, the wood frame construction and exterior walls finished with wooden shiplap siding; and the use of cedar shingles on the roof. The interior displays an open beam roof truss system over the aisle; a less elaborate system in the apse. Vertical wooden wainscoting, as well as the chancel rail, are common design features found in Anglican churches from this era. Likewise, the interior walls are finished with plaster-lath. Multi-paneled wooden doors, common to that era, provide entry to both the front porch and main church structure.
This is one of Saskatchewan’s most often photographed historic churches. The church is regularly featured on calendars, in written and film tourism promotions, and in books relating to churches or historic sites in western Canada. It is also a favourite locale for people wishing to be married or as a backdrop for wedding photos."
Visited in November 2018 and is located in the in the Rural Municipality of Lumsden No. 189, Saskatchewan.
- Jason Paul Sailer