An historical monument celebrating the former settlement of Milly. What a great name for a town! Located near McCord, Saskatchewan.
The monument reads:
With great hopes, settlers came to a district called Milly. This 1910 post office, originally called Gravesborough, was located on six different homestead sites. A settlement was established here with two stores, post office, Roman Catholic Church, barber shop-pool hall, a hall and sports grounds. In 1929 the railway was built further north. The community declined during the great depression. St. Joseph's Church was moved to Glentworth in 1931. Milly soon disappeared.
- Michael Truman