Friday 19 July 2024

Friday update

My therapist is off next week for her holidays. This may be a good thing. I may be able to press the replacement to move forward on some stuff so I can progress further. 

Rather than do one circuit of the room with the walker I broke it up into five walking attempts to get more practice in. I needed some practice on getting up from a sitting position to standing up using the walker. Anyway, add all the distance together and it came to two hundred twenty-nine feet. I am a little miffed that there is no physio on the weekend. On the other hand my body could probably use the rest.

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I can imagine it is an awful grind but you will be rewarded in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest is as important as practice in the recovery process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome progress. Though you might think you could push it further, rest does a world of good too. Even among professional or olympic class athletes, it's the rare one that trains full blast every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just don't push yourself so much that you set yourself back. It seems, from what you've said, that you are progressing well and that's so good to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised they don't have you doing something on the weekends. Maybe not the walking but perhaps swimming or stationary cycle or some different activity... Just thinking in print. Maybe they do, just not on the weekends. Rest is important too, but frequent challenge is where strength and balance come from. Hang in There!

    ReplyDelete