Thursday 18 July 2024

Random notes

My regular physiotherapist has been ill and not at work for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of this week. I am grateful that she was off sick as the guy who took her place yesterday let me take the walker and I just kept walking until I made a complete circuit of the physiotherapy room. My regular therapist is cautious and has been slowly easing me into things so I think she would not have let me do that. To be fair, she is wonderful to work with and I was very badly hurt so I understand the caution. Today she was back at work and I duplicated yesterday’s feat for her by walking a little over one hundred fifteen feet.

It is either my imagination or I feel like I am getting stronger. In the not too recent past after a round of physiotherapy I felt like I would lose a fight to a kitten. I had no energy. I have more stamina now.

I will admit to being a bit scared, maybe that is not the word, perhaps apprehensive is better. Or something that is a mix of the two. Trying the two-wheeled walker was major. I could fail badly. People might laugh at me. Then I got mad at myself. If I failed someone would be there to help me dust myself off and try again. I told myself I cannot be the one holding myself back. Anger can be a great motivator. I can deal with the pain, I am learning to deal with the fear.

I will not miss having my blood taken every Monday. I do not know why this irritates me but it does. With I have been through this should not bother me as much as it does. I have complained to the nurses and the  doctor. The weekly taking of my blood will continue. I will also not miss the nightly injections of blood thinner in my stomach. I have literally been jabbed well over one hundred times during my hospital stay.

Thank you to all with your encouraging thoughts and prayers. It truly means a lot.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, that kitten has been bragging all over town about kicking your butt. Now it's PAYBACK TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you Brother, keep fighting the good fight! Friends and family are counting on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! You must have felt such a feeling of accomplishment after making that complete circuit. You probably suffered for it afterwards, but at least you know the pain was worth it. Of course you're in my thoughts and prayers, and will continue to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be exciting to think about going back to work again. Keep up the good rehab work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great to hear about you walking around! Hang in there, before long you'll be walking out the front door...

    ReplyDelete