Sunday 28 June 2020

Probably the last time I buy a Suzuki product

It is almost six weeks and my motorcycle is still in the shop. It has a new windshield (the last one was so marred I could not see through it), a new gas tank door (someone damaged it), a new battery, and is still awaiting a rear wheel bearing. The shop I have it at in Leduc, Alberta cannot get a rear wheel bearing. It has been there for about six weeks. Not that I am missing out on much since it likes to rain all the time so far this summer. I had this problem about three years ago when I needed the exact same part and then it took a month to get it. Next year I will be shopping for a different motorcycle that is not a Suzuki. It is not in the budget for this year.

6 comments:

  1. One bearing...too bad!
    We all learned something from this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Modern manufactures have forgotten the importance of "service after the sale."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your frustration, but fail to see how any of it related to Suzuki? Certainly not the marred windshield or the gas filler door, or the battery.
    If the shop is giving you the runaround on a bearing, go to a Suzuki forum and ask for a part number. That bearing may have a Suzuki part number in the computer , but it is almost certainly a bearing obtainable from any bearing supply company.
    Better yet, ask the dealer for the part number which is normally on the side of the bearing itself. Then call a bearing supply house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have worded things a bit differently. The windshield, battery, and door were easily obtained and have been done for weeks. It is hard to get the bearing from anywhere. Things might be easier in the USA.

      Delete
  4. ...so much for Japanese quality!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely maddening and would be even more so if the weather were such that you could be riding it.

    ReplyDelete