Thursday 4 June 2020

Ghost town Saskatchewan

Not much left of Estuary, Saskatchewan. One unique item that remains is the old bank vault. I have seen a vault like this at Tunstall, Saskatchewan where it is the only trace of the town that once stood there.

There is a Hutterite Colony where Estuary once was. There is at least one building on the townsite but I do not know if it is original. Close by to the west is Empress, Alberta and just a touch north is the Estuary Ferry.



Foundation of a building.


3 comments:

  1. I guess those bank vaults were built to last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I see an old bank vault it reminds me of the monolith in 2001: A Space Odyssey...maybe a little less dramatic than in the movie but dramatic never the less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is bank vault just like this left in Nordegg at the lower mine site area.

    ReplyDelete