Thursday 28 February 2019

Short break

Need a day or two of downtime.

Just wrote a midterm yesterday. I have a university degree but I have not taken any post-secondary courses in ages. I spent quite a bit of time trying to study and writing notes. Trying to get back into that routine when taking a course took a bit of time. Everyone in the course is younger than I am.

The course is in a subject and industry that does not usually have a lot of change. What was kind of tripping me up is that the course material is stuff that I have taken in other courses years ago, it is the same but different. The weird thing is that the definitions of a lot of the terms have slightly changed from their prior definitions. I remember things one way however I have to make sure I have the answer as it is defined currently. There are dumb changes as well, where the pronouns in definitions were "he" they are all changed to "she" or "he or she". One more solution in search of a problem.

I think I did well enough. They just announced a fast track course in this program of study that would be on two weekends this June. I pondering signing up for that one.

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck. I've only got a couple associates, which I didn't start until I was 50, but it was a real challenge to get back into the swing of things after all those years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that's it's dumb to use "he or she." Everything should just say "she" and we should all just understand that "she" includes men too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will do just fine.
    Getting my head around old material presented in a new vernacular makes me crazier at times...

    ReplyDelete