Sunday 1 October 2023

Padola Hall

This is an abandoned rural community hall west of Mundare, Alberta. I have been trying to find this in my spare time for the last few years. There is no place marked on a map that says Podola, Alberta allowing you to readily locate it. At one time there was a one room school named in the area. I drove a few backroads in the area and found it.

I had seen this posted in a few places online. There was never a location given in any of the posts. It looked bigger online than when I was there in person.

This hall was built in 1933. Other than that I could not find any information on the place. It is in poor condition. Inside there is a stage at the back.





4 comments:

  1. Every time I visit here I feel a need to grab me tool belt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little bit about the history of the original school in the area and where it was located is here:
    https://www.storyphile.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Storyphile-Editing-Sample_My-School-Days_Protected.pdf
    Especially page 2 which has the quarter it was on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read it and enjoyed it. Thanks for the link.

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful and easy to imagine what it must have looked like when it was in use. Glad you were able to find it!

    ReplyDelete