Tuesday 21 February 2023

I learned something from my weekend trip

This last weekend was a long weekend with the Monday being a holiday. I took a quick run to Ainsworth Hot Springs in British Columbia for two nights. Food in their restaurant was very very good. The hot springs were enjoyable. It was overcast and a little rain, then again it is February.

I frequently check weather reports if I am going anywhere in the winter. There were no issues until I woke up early Monday, checked the weather on my phone, and noticed there were heavy snowfall warnings in the afternoon for where I was staying and the route I intended to take back. I had intended to go north through Nakusp, Revelstoke, Golden, Lake Louise, Banff, Calgary, then north home. Even Calgary was listed with a weather advisory. No such listings for going back the way I came, so I crossed the ferry at Balfour, then to Creston, Cranbrook, Crowsnest Pass, and north on Highway 2 home. I ran into a snowstorm in the Crowsnest Pass, weather got better further east, the rest of the way was some falling snow and some reduced visibility. It just took longer. Otherwise a fine trip.

While at the resort I ordered a gin martini because I have never had a martini before and thought I would try one. I learned I do not like martinis.

6 comments:

  1. Don't like martinis? Well, there goes your hope of being the next James Bond. Glad you had a good getaway to the hot springs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't drink at all because I would rather spend the calories on a good apple pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On occasion, a dirty vodka martini is a nice pre-supper drink. Two can be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The martini takes a nice picture I'll bet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing you booked ahead of time - the Inn was likely pretty full. Sad you did not like that martini, but don't give up on other types yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you in thinking martinis are gross - I've only ever had one and will never have another. Glad you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete