Courtesy of Dale Redekopp
The Roman Catholic Church on this site was built in 1910, replacing the previous church which burnt down. It only served the congregation until 1919 when the building was sold to the local School Board and served as a school until 1958. It is in a sad state of disrepair now and is full of trash. The single grave marker in the adjacent cemetery is for Michael Schmaus 1851 – 1915. Photographed in Jun 2022.