Saturday 1 February 2020

It ain't all road trips

I drive one vehicle in the winter and one in the summer. I use my 2012 KIA Rondo in the winter and my 2010 Ford Ranger in the summer. The Ford is in much better condition and worth a lot more than the KIA and has a lot less miles on it.

I have the Ford parked at my friends place. He has 160 acres so he has the room and is about forty minutes from where I live. I left it insured and he has a spare key so he can run it a couple of times a month. One morning he took it to work. He works at a power plant in a rural area that is about five miles from his home. On the last day in December he got about two miles down the road at eight in the morning and a herd of deer ran across the road and one of them ran into the truck. At least is was not a moose.

There is minor damage to the front on drivers side. I had an estimate and the damage is a shade over $1,500.00. It is going into the shop next week. Insurance is covering it. My friend said he would pay the deductible. It could have been worse.

4 comments:

  1. It's real scary when they turn and head for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - it could indeed have been worse! Glad your friend is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, but I'm glad it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.

    ReplyDelete