Saturday 12 October 2024

Walking the halls

Recently had another session on the anti-gravity treadmill. I managed to run it for a little more time and a little faster. Building up strength is a slow process.

I have more appreciation for those with disabilities. I have a family member with cerebral palsy and has used a walker and a wheelchair. I have always stopped and asked if anyone needed help if they were in a wheelchair or had some other disability or injury. It really hits home when it is you and you are struggling with basic things. Crossing a parking lot with minimal strength using a walker over uneven ground will scare you. So will using one of those ramps to get onto a sidewalk. You get very anxious that you might fall. I have fought hard not to fall and so far I have succeeded. 

I pushed myself today. My previous best walking the hallway outside my condo was 1,400ft over the course of the day. Today I pushed it to 2,000ft. I seem to be suffering more discomfort and stiffness than pain. I will tone down the walking for a day or two and get back at.

No comments:

Post a Comment