Thursday 3 October 2024

Something new

My days seem to be a little less painful. My legs are more stiff.

I started physiotherapy as an outpatient on September 30 and had my second session on October 2. The first appointment was just an interview and assessment. The second one they put me on an anti-gravity treadmill, the hospital I was in did not have that. You get zipped into a harness that gets inflated and lifts you up so that you are not supporting your full body weight. I was set for twenty percent of my weight and then set to walking on the treadmill for seven minutes. I was nervous trying it out. I am looking forward to doing it again. I think it helps. I signed up for twice a week physio appointments.

I am still using a four wheel walker. Using a walker to walk down my building hallway, elevator to the parkade, then into a vehicle to have a friend drive me to an appointment is a bit of a workout. I know it is over one hundred feet in one direction. I am getting a little better at getting in and out of a vehicle. Getting out of a car, grabbing the walker, and getting up on a sidewalk is a bit scary. I think, I am not sure, but I think I am slowly getting some more range in my knees. I am finally starting to sleep a little better.

I am still trying to build up my upper leg strength. I can now get out of a chair using one arm to help me get up. As always, progress is slow.

1 comment:

  1. Progress, slow or otherwise, is always a good thing

    ReplyDelete