Saturday 15 June 2024

Quick note

As per my last post I just started the process to get back walking.

My Wednesday results were posted in the last post. Thursday I could barely manage five feet in total. My left ankle was really bothering me and my left knee was weak. That day was a disappointment.

Friday, yesterday, I had time in physio for two attempts. Both were eighteen feet.

No physio on the weekend, it resumes Monday. For the weekend I am doing some homework, otherwise known as some exercises my therapist asked me to do, and being careful not to overdo it. 

4 comments:

  1. Slow and steady wins the race, as they say. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not every day is going to show marked improvement but as long as the overall trajectory is upwards, you'd doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect that's how it will go for quite a while. As new or more exercise is added it's quite understandable that the next day your body will be saying "you want me to do WHAT?!?! I'm BROKEN DAMNIT!!!" Yeah, day 2 with "only" 5 feet felt like a setback, but day 3 was better than day 1.

    Your legs have done nothing in over 3 months. We're not talking lazy slacker in the recliner doing nothing level, we're talking crushed and ripped, medicated, operated on several times IIRC, immobilized, stuck in bed and then a wheel chair doing nothing level. If you can't give yourself a bit of grace on those so called setbacks, please give your legs a bit of grace on those days.

    ReplyDelete