Thursday 17 December 2020

Turkey for Christmas

I outsourced mine.

For years a hotel in Edmonton has advertised a fully prepared Christmas dinner. I ordered a turkey dinner that is supposed to feed four to six people that will have included roasted vegetables, potatoes, dressing, and apple pie for dessert. There were options to order and pick it up on the 24th, 25th, or the 26th. I am getting mine on the 24th. With the COVID rules in effect here I may not be able to have anyone over. This is a good thing because I am looking forward to leftovers.

If for some horrible reason things go terribly wrong and I cannot get my turkey there is always Chinese. I do not want to have to resort to Plan B.

10 comments:

  1. We're having steak, because a turkey is WAY too much for 2 people and we don't want endless leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to my homemade stew and lots of peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to do a Rib Roast. This year we will be in the Florida Keys. I am leaning towards a low county boil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like such a great dinner. Like many people, I find turkey tastes better the next day. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're doing "door dash" Christmas, as in my in-laws are still making it, then dropping it off. I appreciate the sentiment and wish I could do the same for New Year's Eve fondue, but delivery fondue doesn't sound like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd have ordered that turkey dinner too - leftovers are the best part of it. We're opting out of the traditional dinner this year and making it easy - cheese/crackers/cold meat and chicken wings (which we never have) and coffee chocolate cheesecake bites from M&M's. Junk food maybe, but it's the year for something different, particularly when we won't be seeing anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine paying any attention to some half wit(s) presuming to dictate Christmas.

    ReplyDelete