Monday 18 March 2019

The joy of moving

I am not really moving in so much as I am trying to get a place set up. I had three separate deliveries to my condo last Saturday. One delivery was a couch. One was bedroom furniture, a table, and a mattress. I have to put together the bed frame. The last delivery was a washer and dryer. I have an apartment style condo with space for a stacking washer and dryer.

When I bought the washer and dryer I specifically asked what I needed and arranged for installation. I bought the hoses and new dryer vent hose. When they showed up to install it I was asked for the stacking kit. I did not have a stacking kit because I was not told I needed one. They told me it could not be installed without a stacking kit. I let them drop it off and drove to the appliance store and informed them I was not pleased that they neglected to tell me I needed a stacking kit. I could not find my original sales guy, the guy I did corner started to tell me they were sorry for the inconvenience. I politely told him I was not interested in an apology, just fix the situation. I bought a stacking kit and next Friday they will be coming to complete the install. 

After that I went back to my new home and set up the bed and spent the first night in my new place. The builiding is quieter than a morgue which is nice. I have not had my own space for years. It will take a little getting used to things.

8 comments:

  1. There's a lot to be said for quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving always sucks... just goes to show you that it's like that even when you start over with new stuff.

    Ah, but waking up that next morning in your own place! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next step is moving into an RV of one type or another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I moved four times last year, and that was about 3 times too many, even for me...
    Congrats on your new place, quiet is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My idea of heaven is having my own space. But if it's not yours, may I recommend getting a cat? It will be running your life and space in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like cats and dogs. I will hold off on getting a pet for now.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your new place! May your new lifestyle BE filled with wonderful adventures! :0)

    ReplyDelete