Monday 11 March 2019

It's the little things

I took possession of my new place on March 6. 2019. I have been trying to get it set up since. I have keys, I have parking access. Utilities and internet are hooked up. I also have an empty unit except for appliances.

I have no furniture. I lived on the frugal side for the last five years renting a room until the divorce was settled. That was done and I am officially single as of November 19, 2019. I have it in writing. Anyway furniture is being delivered shortly.

Furniture is easy enough to buy. It is the little things you need that you forget you need. Like a can opener. I bought one of those. I bought a set of dishes and put them away and discovered that there were no cups in the set. I needed a shower curtain and the rod for it and thankfully I remembered that I also needed to buy shower curtain rings. I do not have to be psychic to foresee there will be lots of quick trips to buy stuff that I missed on prior trips.

7 comments:

  1. You are keeping your life interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go get a couple of your favorite pictures printed & get frames. A brb with a tree & a barn will do wonders for you every time you notice it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun furnishing a new place! Everything new and shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget the local thrift stores - you might find things there on the cheap that will help get you started - and the prices are usually great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Starting over isn't fun, but it's doable. Been there, done that. Some guys go to the devil after the trauma. I was blessed and went to the Lord and He kept me on track.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel at home soon in your new place, once you get some of your photos up it will make a difference. We have been in the same house for 50 years so I can't imagine moving, sometimes I think I would like a change,but it would be a lot of work. Thanks for your blog and all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The next chapter of your life awaits.

    Where will it take you, BW? :)

    ReplyDelete