Some plans got trashed. Some plans got changed.
Met with the lawyer and settled my lawsuit. I am not getting rich nor am I getting what I think I should be getting. Apparently my injuries are not worth as much as I thought in Alberta. The lawyer takes their cut and then their disbursements on top of that. Lawyers are a necessary evil but you just cannot help feeling screwed at times, even though they get you more than what you would have got on your own. I had the option of taking it to court to fight for a bigger amount however a court date is at least two years in the future. I believe they want to wait me out. I do not need the funds now but I am in my early sixties and I might as well take it and invest it for the future for when I do need it. Sometimes you need to move on.
In the meantime I did manage to get out for a bit. I have a weekend trip planned and I did manage to get to Waterton, Alberta. Always worth going.

I'm sorry you didn't get what we all know you deserved to receive. Sometimes it's just better for mental health just to be done with it and move on.
ReplyDeleteWith your financial background, I know you will invest your settlement well, and I hope it will provide a nice cushion for you in your retirement years.
ReplyDelete