Tuesday 14 June 2016

Roadside stop on the Icefields Parkway

North on Highway 93 north of Saskatchwan crossing (where Highway 11 meets Highway 93 in Alberta). This part of the highway has a switchback and this is on the the side of the mountain looking south down the valley. I took a few slightly different angles of the same shot. The waterfall is just off to my left. Before I forget I took this road on my motorcycle. 

Taken on June 8, 2016.

Apparently this is post 900. Time flies.





The video goes over the same piece of highway and ends where I stopped and took the photos. It was very dark and threatening to rain (which it definitely did later) so some of the video is quite dark even though it was the middle of the day.



A rare photo of the author taking a break after getting hammered by wind and rain with a bad case of helmet hair.

4 comments:

  1. Great post! Love the photos...the old dead tree...very cool...the ride had to have been worth the wet weather....and the helmet head...wellll....lol, you wear it well! I really like this one BW! Well done sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody is going to have to have a word with LL, BW!

    The fact of the matter is that motorcyclists tend to be the most handsome of the motorists! LOL!

    I am bald so helmet head is not a problem for me. Be happy that you have hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trip! Loved the video and thank you for taking us along for the ride, you handsome devil, you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - and congrats on the 900!!

    ReplyDelete