Wednesday 29 June 2016

Apparently I have a voice for radio

I was recorded today for a radio ad. It plays next week.


There is not much to say about it. I did two takes for one reading then three for the other. I was told I have a good voice for radio.

The funny thing is that some years back I was at my drycleaner picking up my stuff and I was having a conversation with him. I had known him and his wife for years. Another guy was behind me listening and after about a minute during a break in the conversation said directly to me "You, you have a voice for radio". Not the usual thing you hear in a line. On the other hand I guess he may be right. 

Hopefully I don't have a face for radio.

Time will tell.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! How wonderful!!!!! Congrats!! Record the ad for us and post it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Chickenmom said. It would be such fun for us to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likely not. It is a ten second spot and it is for my employer.

      Delete
  3. Sounds promising - let us know how it goes. Will you start charging people to visit your blog? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a difficult enough time getting people to read it.

      Delete
  4. I am with Chickenmom...but since it is your employer...I get it...so, might I suggest ...ahem...gently, lol, that you do a small recorded message for your regular visitors..hahaha...it would be most kind and generous of you sir! ; P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it would be nice to her your voice.
    By the way, have you been to see the doctor yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. I am out of town. I will make an appointment.

      Delete