Thursday 9 June 2016

Comrey, Alberta Part Three

Part of the road trip on May 14, 2016. The cemetery is on the east side of Range Road 62. This is a really remote spot and a very nice place. 



Beautiful lilac bushes here that housed a very active beehive. I got buzzed by a few bees that I am sure were the size of silver dollars. The bees made if difficult to do much exploring here. Bees do not scare me however I saw no reason to push my luck to try and read names and dates.


This grave is recent, October 4, 2014, Vernon Leroy Wegner born August 13, 1920. The yellow flower is five horseshoes welded together. 





3 comments:

  1. What a lovely spot for a cemetery. The lilacs are beautiful. I visited the website mentioned in your previous post. It is really interesting to learn about the people who lived in those now abandoned homes out in the middle of nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unusual cemetery - I like it! Doesn't seem as if there are any restrictions on markers. That's the way it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this one too. The freedom to honor their loved ones as they wished. I like that. Pretty place.

    ReplyDelete